Arabeya provides eligible applicants all over the world, who would like to study Arabic, an opportunity of receiving a fellowship. Arabeya fellowships enable gifted applicants to live in Cairo, enjoy its rich culture, study Arabic language, and gain work experience in the fields of E-marketing and administration. Arabeya fellowships are based on merit and need. Fellowships are highly competitive awards that are reserved for applicants with special qualifications and interests.
The Fellowship offers:
- 10 hours/week of Arabic language (MSA/ECA) group study.
- 20 hours/week of work experience in our E-marketing/administration departments.
- Accommodation (a bed in a shared room at our accommodation).
- Airport shuttle.
- Placement test and certificate.
- Wi-Fi access in our center and accommodation.
The fellowship length is from (4-6-8-12 months) depending on the applicant's request and our capacity. In addition, fellowship could be renewed for another six months (upon request) based on the fellow's professional performance of the required tasks and based on our needs.
Fellowship applications from all qualified candidates will be considered. However, preference will be given to applicants who fulfill one of the following criteria:
- Strong interest to study Arabic language (regardless of the level - from elementary to highly advance).
- Enrolled in a university, studying or specialized in relevant fields such as Middle East studies, political science, international studies, Islamic studies, phonology, digital/Marketing, etc.
- Fluency in one of the following languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, or Swedish.
- A letter of recommendation (from your university or work).
- Online interview.
- Fill in the online application.
- Submit the required documents.
- Specify your availability for having an online interview with our education manager.
*After submitting the online application with the required documents, the eligible applicants will be emailed to schedule an online interview. Arabeya fellows for 2017-2018 will be chosen based on our need and capacity, and based on the applicant's' qualifications and interests. Those who are awarded with the fellowship will receive a confirmation email with more details.
19 Dr Ahmed Al Hofy (Almansora), Omar Tousson, Ahmed Orabi, Giza, Egypt.
The fellows will live, work and study at Arabeya main branch located in Mohandesin, which is an upper-middle class neighborhood to the west of central Cairo. Although Mohandessin does not enjoy the historical backdrop of downtown Cairo where Arabeya’s second branch is located, the leafy suburb offers easy access to many shops, restaurants and cafés. Mohandesin area is one of the most convenient to live in Cairo and allows students to experience its diversity. Additionally, our accommodation is 4 minutes walking distance from our school and 3 minutes walking distance to public transportation.
Please note that Arabeya has the right to end any fellow program immediately in the following cases:
- If the fellow's rate of absence exceeds one week (more than the regular amount of days off stated in his/her award letter).
- If the fellow's performance/ attitude affects badly the working process.
- If the fellow violates Arabeya policy.