Although Modern Standard Arabic is the formal language of all Arab countries, Arabs don't interact with each other on a daily basis in the formal language. Each Arab country has its own dialect; Egyptian Colloquial Arabic is the language through which Egyptian people interact. Egyptian dialect is the most widely spread and commonly understood among Arab dialects due to the enormous popularity of Egyptian Art and Media. Also, one can see the written forms of ECA in Egyptian social media, street signs, some Arabic modern literature, etc. Learners who choose to study Egyptian Colloquial Arabic target mainly the oral form of the Arabic language (speaking-Listening).
Why learn ECA with Arabeya?
We have extensive experience teaching Egyptian Arabic as a foreign language and students all over the world choose our school for many reasons including:
- All of our instructors are Egyptian and are highly qualified to teach Egyptian Arabic as a foreign language.
- Record of excellence in teaching Arabic language through a set of highly effective methods and approaches that encourage learners of all nationalities to use the Arabic language effectively.
- We teach from the most famous Egyptian Arabic textbooks in addition to our own materials; however, Arabeya is flexible to teach from any textbook chosen by the learner upon request, especially in one to one classes.
- For learners who have prior knowledge of Arabic, we build upon what you have learned previously and we can teach from your own textbook upon request.
- Programs are tailored based on learners' requests, levels and ages.
- One of the free services Arabeya offers to all its students is a qualified educational mentor who is dedicated to monitor the entire educational process, from start to end, with the teacher and the student through our unique educational method.
- ECA programs are offered at any time during the year and can accommodate all requests: Intensive programs, short-term programs, long term programs, one to one programs, small group programs, seasonal programs, and semester/academic year programs.
- A wide range of class availability to suit the busy schedules of our students all over the world.
- There are no hidden fees and we offer free registrations, a free placement test, a free certificate and free Wi fi access.
- We offer a free trial lesson upon request.
- Our school has two locations in two prominent Cairo neighborhoods and students can choose the location that best suits them.
The main goal of our ECA courses is to help students reach native-like proficiency in the context of culture, society, Egyptian Arabic modern literature, politics, etc.
Arabeya offers ECA courses that are based mainly on Kallimni ‘Arabi series by Samia Louis and KalaamGamiilby Abbas Al-Tonsi et al. in addition to our own material and teachings aids. Also, we are flexible to teach students from their own ECA-chosen text books especially in one-to-one classes.
Arabeya ECA courses include 12 levels that are designed upon the guidelines of the Common European Framework of Reference for languages (CEFR). Each level requires around 40 hours. However, the amount of hours depends mainly on the student's capability to acquire the language and the number of students in the classroom.